Skip to Content

Bedford Meeting House

This interesting Greek Revival structure was built in 1838 as the first meeting house for Methodist in Liberty. In 1886, it was reconsecrated as St. Phillip’s Episcopal Church and became a place of worship for former slaves and a day school for their children. It was restored by the Bedford Historical Society in 1970 and is listed on the National Register of Historic places as well as the Virginia Landmarks Register. www.bedfordhistory.org

Bedford Meeting House
149 W Main St
Bedford, VA 24523
  • 540-586-8587
Sign Up To Receive News and Updates:
Back to top