Beginner Drawing with Arnulfo
- This event has passed.
January 24, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
In this class, students will have the opportunity to express themselves through art while building upon the basic principles and foundations of drawing, including different grades of paper and pencils, light and shadow, and perspective.
Because each student is unique, projects may be altered and one-on-one instruction will be given to suit each student’s skills, talents, knowledge, and interest level. Students will be encouraged to
produce at least one illustration that will be matted.
Session/Date Topic Project
Session 1 Light & Shadow •Basic shapes as building blocks
•Drawing of Ball, Box, and Cone
Session 2 Linear Perspective •Drawing of Boxes in perspective
•Drawing of boxes at different eye levels:
above, below, and at eye level
Session 3 Proportion/Canon •Drawing of face in proportion using canon
•Drawing of body in proportion using canon
Session 4 Face • Tracing of face (of student’s choice)
showing light and shadow
• Supplies Required
• 1. Drawing board or drawing table for each student
• 2. Newsprint (11×14 or larger)
• 3. Sketch Paper (11×14 or larger)
• 4. Bristol Paper (11×14 or larger)
• 5. Drawing pencils (H, 1H, 2H, B, 1B, 2B, 4B, F, 1F, 2F, 4F)
• 6. Kneaded erasers
• 7. Straight Edge tools: T-Square, Yard Rule, Triangle
• 8. Mat Board, Cutter, and masking tape for final assignment
• Student Profile
• This course is geared toward beginning artists desiring to learn foundations of drawing and composition.
• Students who demonstrate advanced skills and experience may be given separate assignments. Each
• student will progress at his or her own skill and comfort level.